Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year's Day!

Exhausted from the New Year's Eve revelry, I ended up sleeping in until about 3pm. When I finally got out of bed, I sat down in the kitchen with "Angels and Demons" and a plateful of food. About half an hour later, I realized that I had to be at the Cs house for dinner at 6pm, and I wasn't anywhere near ready.

I jumped into the shower, and then ran around between three bedrooms clad only in a towel, trying to choose something to wear. After about five outfits, I finally decided on one, and got dressed, did my makeup and prepared myself to head out. Only then did I realize that my mum had gone off to the airport to pick up my aunt, and had taken my car. So I had to wait for her to get back before I left.

Dinner turned out to be a most enjoyable event. There were several very interesting people there, some of whom I had met before, and a few with whom I wasn’t yet acquainted. Conversations throughout the evening were absolutely enthralling. It truly was a fascinating group of people. Dinner itself was delicious, and I had a lovely time.

I forgot to call home when I arrived, though, which resulted in very angry parents. Fortunately, after a livid phone call, and a sound scolding, no more was said of the matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home