Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I know I've had a lot of good days, lately, but today was probably one of the best yet!!

I GOT A DOG!!

okay, im getting ahead of myself.. im just very excited.. *deep breath* let me start from the beginning.

Today started off rather badly, actually. Mum was nagging and yelling at me to finish my laundry and to get it out of the laundry room. When I didnt respond, she took matters into her own hands and did it for me. Not such a shabby deal, right? Wrong. What that meant was she went through all my clothes and threw away everything she thought was too old.. basically the clothes that have been well broken in, and are now super soft and comfy. AND she threw away something that didnt belong to me... so, needless to say, I was pretty upset.

When I did get out of bed, I grabbed one of my favourite shirts out of my closet, and since it was a little crumpled looking, I decided to go downstairs to iron it. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but as I'm running the iron over the material, I notice that the fabric seems to be seizing up.. and suddenly: Oh My GOD! A HOLE!! yes, that's right.. i burned a hole through my favourite shirt. Yet another article of clothing going into the garbage.

i sulked for a little while, and made myself some peppermint tea while mum made me some tastie toasties.. i ate one, somehow getting cheese all over the place (wrists, elbows, knees, the kitchen table.. everywhere.. dont ask me how) and wrapped the other one up in foil, to eat on the road.

so our first stop was the indian grocery store, where i bought a couple of those packaged foods that you just stick in the microwave, stir and eat.. (gotta love the fact that there is a brown version of president's choice, eh?)

next, we hit la senza.. i bought three new bras, and six new underpants. yes.. underwear shopping. and you all know how happy that makes me.

then we went crazy at loblaws. seriously, loblaws is the best store in the world. i absolutely ADORE it.. bought some food for kingston, food for here and this is where i met and fell in love with my new dog. He's this big grey and white husky.. and he's just the cutest thing ever. The moment I saw him, I knew I had to have him. And fortunately, I have a very loving Mum who agreed to buy him for me.

he's stuffed... like, a stuffed animal... and too cute for words. he's missing a nose, which makes him cuter still. I'm thinking he can live on my bed, in Kingston.. or perhaps in the living room. I'll have to see.

He has the most beautiful, vibrant blue eyes. The first thing AK said when she saw him was "His eyes are like Frank's" (as in Frank Sinatra).. so we considered the name Sinatra, for a while. Then, speaking of Frank, AK began humming the tune to Mack the Knife. So we thought "Mack" might make a good name.. that developed into "Macheath" (part of the song, for those of you less familiar with good music :P) which after a while was abbreviated to Heath. Heath the Husky... we figured it had quite a nice ring to it. We then decided to make Heath short for Heathcliff, rather than Macheath, and a typo (yes, the three of us converse over MSN.. it reduces the noise pollution in our house.. although we frequently are talking from room to room, as well as instant messaging each other) changed it to Heathcliffe, with an E. And that became his name. Heathcliffe. The newest member of our family.

Finally, we wound up at a shoe store where mum and I each bought a pair of boots. Mine come up almost 3/4 of the way to my knee.. and have a herringbone sort of laced pattern on the back.. they've got pointed toes, and very nice heels, and they fit like a dream, which means that I can wear them with jeans as well as with skirts... just dont tell my mom.

Came home, bummed around a bit, ate dinner, watched some of Choice: The Henry Morgentaler Story on TV, played with Heathcliffe a bit, and bummed around a whole lot more over a lovely bottle of dry white wine.. (I didnt drink the entire bottle.. we had it with dinner)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home